Sunday, September 26, 2010

Whistle

In just over a month, I will be in Juliette, GA.  Alas, I will be there to attend a wedding, so I will not be having fried green tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe.

Most of the guests at the wedding will be people I knew in college.  I can't decide if I'm looking forward to seeing these people or not...

It's not because I don't like them.  I love my college friends.  Good times, great oldies.  But it seems that whenever you get together with old friends, people insist on reminiscing and droning on endlessly about the nostalgia of the good old days.  And yes, I indulge from time to time.  Who doesn't like to remember the good old days?  But then I start to wonder if maybe we're all just romanticizing things.  Or maybe the reason for such nostalgia is that people are unhappy with their lives in the present.  Or maybe people just don't know how to talk to each other anymore.  It doesn't take much conversational skill to say, "Hey, do you remember that time when...?"

This entry is going nowhere.  I don't have much to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment