Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Desperate

So...

There is someone in my other class...let's call them Person.  Person is really annoying.  I want to punch them in the throat.  Seriously.

The irritating thing about Person is that they are so blatantly desperate to be included in a circle of friends who, frankly, don't want anything to do with Person.  But Person doesn't get it.  And don't get me wrong- I'm not saying that I don't like Person because they want to be included and liked.  Everyone has those feelings, of course.  We all want to belong somewhere and have friends, etc.  My problem with Person is that they have no goddamn dignity.  I mean, come on.  Person is older than me and yet doesn't seem to have developed any sense of self-respect throughout their life.  Call me a bitch, but I think this is abso-fucking-lutely pathetic.

This is what I deal with in that class:  Person hard-core staring at me and my friends during class.  Person eavesdropping on our hushed conversations and inviting themselves to come along with us if we make plans.  Person laughing at jokes they cannot possibly understand, which then brings on awkward silences.

And I mean...it's gotten to the point where myself and a friend are actively trying not to talk to Person or make eye-contact or include them in our lives at all.  And I know that's mean, but what pisses me off is that Person persists for fuck's sake!  If people are having a conversation and they clearly don't want me to hear it, I would never just start talking with them or laughing at their inside jokes. If people are being assholes to me, I fucking ignore them and pretend I don't give a shit about them, even if my wittle ol' feewings are hurt.  If someone doesn't want to be your friend, make other friends.

La la la la, I am a jerk.


Honestly, though, it's not that I don't like Person necessarily.  They have redeeming qualities.  I just wish they wouldn't act like this, because it's such a big turn-off.  If Person could just interact with people like an adult, we'd get along like Jack and Coke.

1 comment:

  1. At first i thought this was about me. then I remembered I like to be ignored/excluded not included. My suggestion, have text message conversations in front of the person, no verbal communication just txt messages about whatever you want to talk about.

    That should be a not so subtle message.

    ReplyDelete